The Pahrump Visual and Performing Arts Council is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation with 125 members.
Our mission is to: Create an environment for the arts to flourish in our community.
To do this, we provide support for the arts through program development and education, offer a diversity of cultural events for all ages and income levels, organize events that include community members as performers and artists, and nurture good partnerships with other community organizations.
PAC operates on a July 1st through June 30th fiscal year with funding from:
- memberships and donations
- Fundraisers and grants
- Nevada Arts Council, a state agency
- National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency
PAC sponsors several annual art events in Pahrump including but not limited to:
- An Evening of Art & Wine and other social fundraising events
- High Desert Shorts International Film Festival
- Missoula Children’s Theatre
- Art & Sol
- Public art galleries on a rotating basis at the Nye County Courthouse, Bank of America, American First National Bank, and Pahrump Community Library: with public receptions for the featured artists
- Open House
- Eye of the Beholder still-life workshop and group show opportunity
PAC sponsors the following arts groups and activities:
- Art lessons for all ages (ongoing)
- Desert Squares square dance club
- High Desert Chorale
- Keeper of Wheeler Well book sales benefiting the Youth Arts program
- Happy Stitchers
PAC sometimes coordinates activities with the Nye County School District, Homeschoolers associations, Nye Communities Coalition, Las Vegas Parks and Recreation/Cultural Affairs, Great Basin College and provides support and encouragement for other arts groups in our community, including the Nevada Silver Tappers. Call the Pahrump Arts Council for more information: 775-751-6776.
The Pahrump Arts Council meets monthly on the second Monday evening, 6:00 – 7:30 at the PAC office, 2340 E Calvada Blvd, Suite D, one block west of Highway 160 in the Cahlan West Professional Center at the corner of Calvada and Honeysuckle/Mt Charleston. The public is invited to attend all meetings of the Pahrump Arts Council. Bring your ideas!