The Pahrump Visual and Performing Arts Council is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation with 125 members.
Our mission is to …
create an environment for the arts to flourish in our community
To do this, we provide support for the arts through program development and education, offer a diversity of cultural events for all ages and income levels, organize events that include community members as performers and artists, and nurture good partnerships with other community organizations.
PAC operates on a July 1st through June 30th fiscal year with funding from:
- memberships and donations
- Fundraisers and grants
- Nevada Arts Council, a state agency
- National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency
PAC sponsors several annual art events in Pahrump including:
- An Evening of Art & Wine (varied dates)
- High Desert Shorts International Film Festival (May)
- Missoula Children’s Theatre (November 2016)
- “Pop-up” Art & Sol (art and craft shows, varied dates)
- Public art galleries on a rotating basis at the Nye County Courthouse, Bank of America, and Pahrump Community Library, and PAC office, with public receptions for the artists
- Quarterly membership meetings and socials
PAC sponsors the following arts groups and activities:
- Art lessons for all ages (ongoing)
- Desert Squares square dance club
- High Desert Chorale
- Keeper of Wheeler Well book sales benefiting the Youth Arts program
- MizFits line dancers
- Pahrump Valley Fiber Artists and Quilters
PAC coordinates activities with the Nye County School District, Homeschoolers associations, Nye Communities Coalition, Las Vegas Parks and Recreation/Cultural Affairs, Great Basin College and provides support and encouragement for other arts groups in our community, including Nevada Silver Tappers. Call the Pahrump Arts Council for more information: 775-751-6776.
The Pahrump Arts Council meets monthly on the second Monday evening, 6:00 – 7:30 at the PAC office, 2340 E Calvada Blvd, Suite D, one block west of Highway 160 in the Cahlan West Professional Center at the corner of Calvada and Honeysuckle/Mt Charleston. The public is invited to attend all meetings of the Pahrump Arts Council. Bring your ideas!