We are a 30 member group of ladies who dance and perform to entertain and raise money to donate to local charities. We have a lot of fun and put on performances across the state of Nevada as well as annual and special needs fundraising benefits in Pahrump.
We hold our annual Christmas show in December at Saddle West. The show features talent from Las Vegas and Pahrump. Since 1991 the Christmas benefit show has raised over $80,000 and made an impact in helping our community. Watching our tap dancing routines has become a Pahrump tradition. We also perform in nursing homes and at festivals.
We love to respond to the evolving needs of the community and some of the organizations we have donated to include:
- Food For Thought
- Pahrump Senior Center
- Pahrump Valley Youth Association
- CASA Program
- School Teachers’ Classroom Art Materials
- Pahrump Boys and Girls Club
- High School Band Uniforms
- Pahrump Valley Hospice fund
- Patriot Program of Daughters of the American Revolution (Pahrump Chapter)
You can learn more about us by reading and watching …
- Shoshone 2010 performance on YouTube
- 2011 Christmas Show on YouTube
- 2012 Fundraiser Update video on YouTube
- 2012 Nevada Silver Tappers Christmas Show Update on YouTube
- Pahrump Valley Times letter to editor
If you are interested in joining and you are over the golden age of 50, please call the office at 775-751-6776 and leave a message for the Silver Tappers.