Our members are a great source of ideas, insights and recommendations to help you take your art to the next level. Below are member recommendations for art resources. If you would like to share or recommend a resource, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Stores & Businesses
We recommend you check out:
- Hidden Stitch Fabrics, a fabric store just opened by a new member ( Sep 2012) is located at 520 W Leslie.
- The Quilted Dragon, a quilt/fabric stores offering fabric, kits, notions & supplies, books & patterns, giftsand classes, is located at 2890 Yucca Terrace Ave. (775-751-9033)
- Sanders Family Winery (they host our annual Art & Sol event)
- Pahrump Nugget & Casino (they have hosted our semi-annual choir concerts and the Quilt and Fiber Arts show for several years)
- I’d Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion – Gives practical and innovative approaches that help you get your art out of the studio and in front of buyers and collectors.
- An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration from the Private Sketchbooks of Artists, Illustrators and Designers – An inspiring resource that will fuel your creativity and let you peak into the art journals of 50 well known artists.
- The Art Spirit by Robert Henri – A wonderful guide to finding what inspires you and helps you live life to the fullest by a beloved art teacher.
- The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds – A great inspiring book for the artist in all of us about making a mark and seeing where it takes you. Perfect gift for a young artist or someone who wants to be more creative but feels stuck
- Art & Fear: Observations On the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking – A wonderful resource if you need to overcome obstacles or fears about taking your art to the next level. Discover and overcome what is holding you back.
- Nevada Arts Council
- Nevada Alliance for Arts Education
- The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, Las Vegas
- The City of Las Vegas Office of Cultural Affairs