Pahrump Arts Council Youth Arts Classes 2015-2016
All classes will be held from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Register online: pvpac.org or reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents are welcome as observers. All supplies are provided. Wear comfortable washable clothing. Art is fun, but can be messy! Enjoy!
Grades K – 2
- Abstract tangle designs: Toni Wombaker 4/9/16 Nye Communities Coalition classroom. With pencils and colored pencils, learning to draw using repetitive patterns, develop eye/hand coordination.
Grades 3 – 5
- Percussion & rhythm: “how to hit things without getting in trouble”: Andrew Barnum: 3/5/16 & 3/12/16 Nye Communities Coalition classroom
Learn to play rhythms patterns understanding the relationship of whole notes, half notes, quarter notes (and more!) and their counterpart rests. Demonstrate knowledge by playing a variety of drums and other items in an ensemble setting.
- Doodle designs: mandalas: Laurie McCaslin: 3/19/16 Nye Communities Coalition classroom
Abstract drawing created using repetitive patterns. Develop eye/hand coordination. Using compasses to create geometric forms and designs, learning basic art concepts.
- Nature Art Journaling (2nd 2hr class): Teresa Skye: 2/13/16 UNR Extension 4-H Bldg (corner of Dandelion/Calvada)
Add extra fun to being outdoors by learning how to keep a Nature Journal (journal and watercolor kit provided). We’ll share basic drawing techniques, learn how to set up a journal page, and develop an eye for observation with fun activities.
- Fabric necklace: Susan Lock: 1/16/16 Pahrump Arts Council office, 2340 E Calvada, Suite D
Learn to use color and texture to create wearable art to take home. How color choices and placement create a unique piece, using beads, marbles, and fabric.
- Fleece scarves: Susan Lock: 4/30/16 Nye Communities Coalition classroom.Learn to use color and texture to create a piece of wearable art to take home. How color choices enhance a piece of useful clothing, using fleece fabric and beads.
Grades 6 – 8
- Square dancing basics (2 – 2hr classes) Grades 4 – 12: Wayne Walker, caller. 5/7/16 & 5/14/16 Nye Communities Coalition activity center
Learn the basic moves for America’s national dance form. There is a bill before the legislature to make it Nevada’s state dance. Come join us and learn the first part of the beginner’s mainstream program. Parents welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Instant Theater: music/movement – Morning class, Grades 4-8, 10 a.m. – noon. Patti Diamond: 4/9/16 Nye Communities Coalition activity center. A musical theater class in which we learn a musical number from start to finish. Fast-paced, high energy, lots of fun, no previous theater or dance experience necessary. Creative expression through movement and comedy. Wear comfortable clothing.
- Felt Pen Drawing: Lloyd Martin: 2/27/16 Pahrump Community Library children’s room. Drawing is the first step of true art. Learn the keys to drawing plus the use of color, light and shadow, shading. Still life, landscape, figure drawing.
- Stenciled tote bag: Susan Lock: 4/9/16 Nye Communities Coalition classroom. Show creative use of color and designs to create a useful art item that will be unique and yours alone.
- Swedish weaving (yarn/cloth design) Sherri Princen: 1/16/16 (Has been Rescheduled) Introduce students to weaving with yarn through cloth to create original designs. Use of color to enhance the design.
- Instant Theater: music/movement. Afternoon class 9 – 12, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Patti Diamond. 4/9/16 Nye Communities Coalition activity center. A musical theater class in which we learn a musical number from start to finish. Fast-paced, high energy, lots of fun, no previous theater or dance experience necessary. Creative expression through movement and comedy. Wear comfortable clothing.
Video Documentary: Rodney Camacho: ongoing Oct-May: filming Saturday classes. First meeting 10/24/16, PAC office, 11 a.m. 2340 E Calvada Blvd, Ste B. 775-513-6569